Saturday, October 24, 2009

Read-a-thon: Mid-Event Survey

I took a break to take advantage of the sunshine.
I went up these stairs.
The stairs lead to Sutro Park.

But I only went mid-way up the stairs.
I stopped to take a picture of Ocean Beach.

I went back down the stairs
and walked across the street to the beach.
I got a closer shot of Seal Rock which is home to local seals and pelicans.
The Cliff House restaurant is there to the right.

On with the survey...

1. What are you reading right now?

I going to start on an essay in Maps and Legends by Michael Chabon
It's non-fiction. I know. Not usually recommended for a read-a-thon because it could be dry. But I've been itching to start reading this one. Plus the fact that I'm refreshed from a walk outside, I think I can tackle one story.

2. How many books have you read so far?

I've read short stories instead of complete books. I will continue this way except for a graphic novel which I can definitely complete tonight.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

Looking forward to reaching the last item on my list, The Awakening by L. J. Smith.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

Yes, I told the hubby that the day was for me. He was very good about not scheduling anything that required my attendance.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

No interruptions.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

The time seems to fly during the daylight hours, but slows down at dark time. hmmm.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

None so far.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

Stock up on ready-made meals and snacks.

9. Are you getting tired yet?

Yes, that's why I had to go outside and take a walk. Eyes were getting droopy.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?

Changing the reading location and drinking sips of water now and then.

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu