Saturday, June 3, 2017

Lovely Books and Things - 6.3.17

Lovely Books and Things
My Weekly Books and Films Update

Linking up with:
Stacking the Shelves (details)
Sunday Post (details)

~*~

I attended a face-to-face book club (here) this week which got me reading A History of Loneliness by John Boyne. It is one of those books that surprised me. Fell in love with the author's style and plan on reading something else from his body of work - maybe The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.

The San Francisco International Arts Festival at Fort Mason (here) has been running since last week. I have been catching a few shows and enjoying both asian music and dance performances.

~*~

Bought:

All Our Wrong Todays
by Elan Mastai
-SciFi, Time Travel
Amazon | Goodreads

GEARING up for a dose of dystopia and scifi reading in the fall season.

China Rich Girlfriend
(Crazy Rich Asians #2)
by Kevin Kwan
-ChickLit, Romance, China
Amazon | Goodreads

GOT this in the used section of Green Apple Books as I wanted to read the first two books in the series before the third book, Rich People Problems that just came out. Of course, I need to get the first book soon, Crazy Rich Asians.

The Summer of the Ubume
by Natsuhiko Kyogoku
-Horror, Ghosts, Japan
Amazon | Goodreads

THE description grabbed me with its creepiness.

Emma
by Alexander McCall Smith
(The Austen Project #3)
-Retelling, Jane Austen, Romance
Amazon | Goodreads

COLLECTING this series to add to my Jane Austen bookshelf.


AND watched: on DVD

Brand New Testament (2015)
Le tout nouveau testament (original title)
Director: Jaco Van Dormael
Writers: Thomas Gunzig (scenario), Jaco Van Dormael (scenario)
Starring: Pili Groyne, BenoƮt Poelvoorde, Catherine Deneuve
-Comedy, Fantasy, Belgium | imdb | my rating: 3

Did you know that God is alive and lives in Brussels with his daughter?

THE premise and trailer are hilarious. The movie itself was cute with fun moments.


~*~

* comment and TELL me what you have acquired for your shelves recently

:-)
 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu